Saturday, December 22, 2012

Turning 10

Claire on WFAA Channel 8 Good Morning Texas
Style Shout Out to turning 10...

I love this time of year...the decorations...the smell of cookies baking...the shopping...the general mood...the reminder to all about the importance of giving back...and most of all I love this time of year because it's my daughter's birthday.

This has been a busy year for Claire with school and with music and this morning, coffee in hand, I am taking a few minutes to reflect.  It still amazes me that just a year ago Claire had a gig in a small local coffee shop and now she is a featured artist at House Of Blues and is playing at House Of Blues in Hollywood again in the new year.

This year Claire attained a big goal at school by continuing to bring home straight A's on her report cards...and, another big goal in music when she released her first EP on iTunes! She had a fun party at House Of Blues to celebrate the CD and her 10th birthday where she used the party to collect toys for Santa's Helpers Toy Drive.

Watching Claire this year has been a real lesson and a reminder for my husband and I that, regardless of age, you can set goals and attain them if you work hard, play hard, have fun and be true to yourself.  And...it's never to early to start thinking about others and giving back.

So today I say Happy Birthday to my daughter who turned 10 this week and has taught me so much about achieving goals while having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment