Friday, March 23, 2012

Feeling Like LA, Wearing LNA

LNA @ Saks.com
Style Shout Out to LNA and Saks...

First of all I have to say that I have had a hard time getting back into the swing of things after our trip to Los Angeles last week.  I also have to say that I miss the beach and just the general vibe of that city. We also have family there and so, of course, I miss them most of all.

But I didn't grow up in LA.  I grew up in New York and New Jersey which meant that shopping trips often took us to Bloomingdales and Saks, two stores that are to New York what the beach is to Southern California.  These stores are iconic and if I don't stop by when I'm in the city my trip just isn't complete, which is the same way I feel about my trips to LA, only in that city for me no trip is complete without at least one day on the beach in Malibu.

If you have the opportunity to visit  LA check out Malibu, and in New York you should definitely stop by and check out Bloomingdales and Saks.  Saks is especially unique because the shoe department in their 5th Avenue store actually has their own zip code.  It really is just that big.

But today I'm not talking about shoes, I'm talking about a brand that is California through and through and is available at one of my favorite New York stores....LNA at Saks!   LNA was founded in California in the Summer of 2007 by California natives Lauren Alexander and April Leight. The line may have started with tees and leggings but has expanded to include some adorable and easy to wear dresses, sweaters that remind me of sitting on the beach in Malibu on a cool March day, and some fabulous skirts.

LNA @ Saks.com
LNA has an easy yo navigate web site and in addition to Saks, can also be found at stores like Revolve Clothing and ShopBop.  I find their tees to be fabulous layering pieces and my daughter was teasing me when I was packing for our recent trip to Los Angeles that even though I pack light, my suitcase looked like an LNA trunk show. I must admit though I did have a Vince sweater and Michael Stars scarf tucked in there too.

I just ordered a few LNA tops from Saks and am counting the days until they arrive! If you haven't checked out LNA, today is a good day to get to know this company.  I may not be fortunate enough to be in LA today but when I put on my favorite white LNA crew neck tee and J Brand 910 jeans I will feel a little bit LA wearing my LNA.



My Style Shout Out Tip:  LNA has found a way to create clothes that have a relaxed feeling but still make you feel pulled together. I am going to pair the coral top with my Current/Elliott white Roller jeans and my TKEES flip flops for a relaxed look.

For a dressier look I'll kick off the TKEES and throw on my L.K.Bennett taupe patent leather pumps (now available at Nordstrom).  I love LNA not only because they create stylish and comfortable clothes but because of the versatility of their pieces.  Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment