Monday, March 19, 2012

From Malibu To Manhattan Beach

Style Shout Out to Los Angeles...

Last week was my daughter's spring break so we packed up and headed west.  We try to get to Los Angeles as often as we can to see family and after years of living in and visiting Southern California we have a list of our favorite things to do.

Of course no trip to LA is complete without spending time at the beach.  If you're looking for a beach that is expansive look no further than Manhattan Beach.  You can walk the beach or the strand or just stretch out in your favorite beach chair with a good book and it is a relaxing way to spend a day.  My other favorite beach is in Malibu.  The coastline is breathtaking and the views are simply amazing.  The beach isn't as wide as Manhattan Beach but it's a great place to build sand castles and write.  Something about Malibu is just so inspiring.

Another of my favorite things in LA also happens to be in Malibu.  It's the Malibu Country Mart and the Malibu Lumber Yard.  If you're looking for a great place to shop, dine and relax then this is the spot for you.  Last week we stopped by twice and visited a few of our favorites like Oliver Peoples, Kitson, and 7 For All Mankind.  And I had to stop by Coffee Bean for a cappuccino.  My daughter's favorite part of the Lumber Yard is Kitson Kids, the gelato at Chocolate Box Cafe and the ping pong table where she spent time laughing with her cousins and Dad.  For me that was a highlight of the trip...any time I hear my nine year old's laugh and see her smile it is a highlight of the day.

So the next time you're in LA take a scenic drive down to Manhattan Beach or out to Malibu and enjoy some of the best that the LA area has to offer.


My Style Shout Out Tip: I always pack light when I go to LA because I know I am coming home with a few treasures.  And LA is such a casual city that for me it's all about great jeans, great tops, and great shoes.  I spent the week in Current/Elliott, AG Jeans,  J Brand Jeans and Sevens.  Of course when in LA it's all about LA brands like LNA and Michael Stars for tees.  And comfy shoes are a must for me because we always do so much walking so I packed my favorite Jimmy Choo ballet flats...not a California brand but super stylish and super comfy!

No comments:

Post a Comment