Thursday, May 31, 2012

Hello Summer

Style Shout Out to Summer...

I seriously cannot believe how quickly this school year has flown by which means my nine year old is that much closer to becoming a fourth grader.  It's been a busy third grade year for her with family, friends, school, activities and music.  I am still a bit amazed by some of the incredible opportunities she has had, like playing at the House Of Blues, at such a young age.

As a Mom the hope is that your child will be healthy, confident and happy.  I am so proud of my daughter for having the confidence in herself to say yes to the opportunities that have come her way.  And, I am so proud that she not only has the confidence to use her voice to sing, but that she also uses it to stand up for herself and others and now understands the true power of having a voice!

This has been a year of ups and downs like any other.  Navigating the choppy waters of elementary school is a lot different from when I was in third grade.  But I am fortunate that my daughter has the confidence to stand up for what she believes is right even when it's the unpopular thing to do and that she has become a very good communicator.  Positivity always makes for a better day.

So for all of you that are not sure if one little voice can make a difference...I am here to tell you that it definitely can.  Because one voice has the ability to inspire other voices and that is how change happens.

Dr. Michele Borba has some very valuable information on her web site and some great books about helping your children become self-confident and self-assured kids.  Summer is a great time to catch up on reading and of course the best thing about Summer is that you get to spend time with your children.

Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment