Thursday, May 24, 2012

House Of Blues - Girls Rule

Style Shout Out to the House Of Blues for giving girls the opportunity to rock!

As I sat down this morning to write this blog I realized that it's been a week since I wrote anything.  Now it's not that I didn't have any ideas for stories. In fact it's been a pretty good week and I found some pretty good deals on LNA tees and J Brand Jeans from Gilt Groupe, and Oliver Peoples sunglasses at Neiman Marcus Last Call Studio.  And yes I did use the words good deal and Oliver Peoples in the same sentence.  It's rare to find a pair of their fabulous sunnies on sale!

The reason for my lapse in writing has more to do with the fact that my 9 year old was busy getting ready for her first one hour set at the House Of Blues.  So more of my time was spent promoting the show (with a little help from Ron Corning on WFAA's Daybreak - thank you so much!) than writing...which is fine by me...as a Mom there is no greater feeling than when you see your child find something that they love to do, and then are given the opportunity to do it.  So for me, watching my daughter take the stage Sunday with a big smile on her face, a twinkle in her eye and her Taylor Guitar in hand made Sunday a simply amazing day.

Claire w/ her Taylor Guitar
There were two girls scheduled to sing at the House Of Blues for their Girls Rule show.  Claire opened and Mikayla closed the show.  From my own experience, I fully understand the challenges of performing for an hour. Commanding the attention of the audience for that long requires some excellent music and some entertaining stories in between the songs. Both girls were outstanding, playing to a packed house with confidence.

So, thank you Tim and your amazing House Of Blues Dallas crew for giving these young musicians the opportunity to do what they love to do and an opportunity to play in front of such a large audience.  You rock and so do the girls!


My Style Shout Out Tip:  Summer is a great time to introduce your children or yourself to music so sign up for some lessons today.  I personally think that music is one of the greatest gifts you can give to your kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment