Monday, April 30, 2012

Music, Monday & The Red Cross

Style Shout Out to Music, Monday and The Red Cross...

Sometimes it's hard to get into the swing of things on Monday mornings after a busy and fun-filled weekend with my family. This weekend was no exception.  It started and finished with music and in between there was a quick trip to Saks for their Friends and Family sale.  Well, if you ask my hubby he would probably say it wasn't exactly a quick trip but for me if I am in and out of the mall in 60 to 90 minutes including trying on clothes, that's quick.

Of course as much as the shopping was fun, because I found some great things from J Brand, Splendid and Ella Moss for my daughter, and a few things for myself including some J Brand jeans and a cute Current/Elliott jacket, the most fun was with music.  The weekend kicked off with my nine year old and a family friend playing a show to benefit the Red Cross.  As a parent it's a great feeling when your child finds something that they love to do and right now that thing for my daughter is music...whether it's playing piano or guitar, or sitting behind our drum kit, singing or writing a song...when she's playing, she's smiling!

And she was smiling a lot on Friday knowing that she was raising money for the Red Cross to help storm victims.  If you would like to help the Red Cross you can visit their web site for ways to donate!


My Style Shout Out Tip:  Make it a new music Monday and check out Claire's music.






No comments:

Post a Comment