Monday, October 24, 2011

Saks, Style & A Cure

Jennifer Hudson - Saks
Style Shout Out to Saks...

I can't believe that it's been over a decade since Saks first introduced their "Key To The Cure" tee shirt which now makes its debut each October.  What I especially love about these tops is that 100 percent of the proceeds from the sale of each shirt goes to the Entertainment Industry Foundation's (EIF) Women's Cancer Research Fund which benefits more than 50 charitable programs.  These programs are dedicated to finding new detection methods, better treatments, and eventual cures for women's cancers.

Every year the tee is the vision of one designer and a celebrity like Heidi Klum, Gwyneth Paltrow and Jennifer Hudson are selected to be the spokesperson.

This year's tee was designed by Elie Tahari and Jennifer Hudson is helping to spread the word.  Besides benefitting a great cause this tee is super cute and super comfy and is available at Saks.com as well as in Saks stores.

Gwyneth Paltrow in Karl Lagerfeld (2008)
via FabSugar
My Style Shout Out Tip:   Besides buying one of these "Key To The Cure" tees for myself,  I have been known to wrap a tee or two for Christmas.  I have a few of these shirts but the Lagerfeld designed tee from 2008 is still my favorite and every time I wear it I feel good knowing my purchase is helping to make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment