Tuesday, October 4, 2011

20/50

The Beach at Hilton Head Island

Style Shout Out to celebrating 20 & 50 years!

Our entire family celebrated my parents 50th wedding anniversary last week at Hilton Head Island.  My sisters and I chose this place because it holds special memories of great family vacations.  And it was so nice for my parents to be at their favorite place with their daughters, sons-in-law, and grandchildren.

Sitting on the beach watching my daughter boogie board for the first time and laughing with her cousins made me realize just how fortunate I am to be so close to my sisters.  Sure we have our ups and downs like everyone but when push comes to shove the lesson I learned from my parents is that you have to work at relationships.  So whether it's with your siblings, your kids, your friends or your spouses...relationships take work to keep them healthy.

So thanks Mom and Dad for all of the lessons I have learned from you and for being a shining example of love and what it takes to make a relationship work.  And to my hubby on our 20th wedding anniversary...it feels like we said, "I Do" overlooking the Pacific only yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment