Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Beautiful Day

Style Shout Out to a Christmas stocking filled with beauty!

Some of the best presents are the ones that are small enough to fit into your stocking.  And I'm not just talking about the kind that are from Ippolita and are sparkly.  I'm also talking about the gifts of beauty.  I came across a few things on the Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom web sites tonight and thought I'd share them.

Fresh at Neiman Marcus
1.  This gift set from Fresh may not fit into a stocking but it should fit nicely under a tree and it is all about lips and all about fabulous.  I am a big fan of Fresh products and especially love the lip treatment as it does what it claims to do.  This is an excellent present for someone who loves Fresh and a great way to introduce someone special to a very special product line.

Yves Saint Laurent at Nordstrom

2.  When I think glamourous make-up I immediately think Chanel and Yves Saint Laurent. This Holiday Glamour gift set from Yves Saint Laurent will tuck nicely into a stocking and has some of the company's hottest products including Touche Eclat.  This product magically covers under eye circles and leaves you looking  like you had 8 hours of sleep even if you didn't come close to that number.  Also included in the set is a chic little make-up bag that holds a beautiful neutral gloss, eye pencil and mini mascara.

Stila at Nordstrom

3.  I remember when Stila first launched their line.  The way they packaged the product with the Stila girl was a brilliant marketing idea leaving every woman to be their own Stila girl. This palette, designed exclusively for Nordstrom, is the perfect size for a stocking stuffer and will fit easily into your handbag to keep you looking fresh all day.  Besides eye shadows, blush, a highlighter and a mirror for easy touch ups, this palette also includes a face chart with instructions that will make creating a polished look a breeze.  Take this and your Fresh lip color or Yves Saint Laurent gloss and you're good to go.


My Style Shout Out Tip:  Beauty products make fun presents.  When we were first married my husband gave me this great gift set from Estee Lauder that included everything from eye shadows to lip glosses to blushes.  I had so much fun creating different looks that the thought of that present still makes me smile.  And for me that's what gift giving is all about. It's not so much about what the present costs.  The real value is the feeling you get when you open the present.

No comments:

Post a Comment