Friday, December 16, 2011

A Better Day

My Daughter's Daisy Rock
Style Shout Out to A Better Day.

There is something so magical about this time of year.  It seems that everywhere you go people are just in a better mood and every day seems to be a better day than the day before.

For me this week was busy with getting ready for my daughter's birthday and Christmas.  So much baking, list making, volunteering at school, and shopping.  Seriously it doesn't get much better.  Yesterday I was invited to attend an assembly at my daughter's school.  The purpose of the assembly was to celebrate the first half of the school year and to recognize kids for their various contributions and achievements.

As a parent there is no greater feeling than when you see your child truly happy so yesterday was a particularly awesome day because my daughter was recognized for her academics and her good citizenship.  But the tears really started when they showed a music video she had created for a PTA national competition. The theme of the project was "diversity means..." and my daughter wrote a song about standing up and being yourself which for kids isn't always easy.  The video was positive and uplifting and the look on my daughter's face as she watched all of the kids in the school enjoying her music was priceless.

I've shared the song before but since it's her birthday this weekend and to celebrate her great day yesterday I thought it was a good time to share her song again and say thanks to my daughter for making every day for me a better day!


My Style Shout Out Tip:  I truly believe that one of the best gifts you can give to your child and to yourself is the gift of music.  And what better day than Christmas day to give that gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment