Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas And A Candy Bar

Dylan's Candy Bar at Neimans
Style Shout Out to the Christmas season!

Christmas is just around the corner and some of the online sales this week have been excellent.  I've picked up a few fabulous gifts at some fabulous prices.  I can't go into any detail about what I found because you never know who's reading. But I can tell you a few of the things came from Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus.

Seriously, I came across something on Neiman's web site yesterday for my hubby and with free get it in time for Christmas shipping Santa will be leaving another gift on my doorstep this afternoon.

And, if you are looking for a few last minute hostess gifts or a few holiday treats for your own home Neiman Marcus has a wonderful assortment of goodies.  My daughter's favorite chocolate chip cookies, besides the ones we bake together, are from Neimans.  I can't tell you how many of our trips to the mall include a pit stop to the cafe to buy one of their cookies.  A bonus...the cappuccino is also fabulous and so is their ice tea!  These cookies are available in a Neiman Marcus tin which you can re-use and they make a great gift.

Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookies
Another fun food gift is the candy filled Christmas tree from Dylan's Candy Bar.  If you've been lucky enough to shop at a Dylan's Candy Bar then you know that as an adult this experience truly makes you feel like a kid in a candy store even if you're not a kid anymore.  I was first introduced to Dylan's by my sister who was on a business trip in New York and bought my daughter, who was about a year old, the most adorable tee shirt from the store.  The great thing about Dylan's is that even if you don't have one of their stores nearby you can order a few of their items, like the Christmas tree, from Neiman Marcus or you can visit their web site.  But snack before you shop because everything is so tempting and looks so good!

The other thing I came across at Neiman Marcus is the gingerbread house kit by Dylan's Candy Bar.  Making a gingerbread house is such a fun thing to do with your child at Christmas.  I have fond memories of my daughter building one with my Mom when we lived in North Carolina and my Dad was kidding around pretending to eat all of the candy meant for the house decorations.  And, for me that is what Christmas is all about...the laughter that fills my home and the smiles on my daughter's face throughout this joyous season.

Dylan's Candy Bar at Neimans
I hope you find some of your own sweet treats this Christmas and that you make some of your own sweet memories.




My Style Shout Out Tip:  There's still time to order some sweets from Neiman Marcus while they are offering free shipping in time for Christmas.  And find a few minutes to make some memories.  Me, I'll be making a gingerbread house with my daughter and today we may have to run to Neimans just to get one of those fabulous cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment