Thursday, December 1, 2011

Happy December

Style Shout Out to December!

The countdown to my daughter's birthday and Christmas has begun!  I absolutely love this time of year....the family...the decorating of the house and the Christmas tree...the baking....the planning of my daughter's birthday party...the music...it's just so festive.

And of course no December is complete without a little birthday and Christmas shopping. As I was watching Good Morning America and reading InStyle this morning I came across a few things that will make excellent Christmas presents and I thought I'd share them with you today.

Ippolita at Neiman Marcus

If you are in the market for an interesting piece of jewelry check out Ippolita.  She designs some beautiful pieces in sterling and gold so there is something for everyone.  I love her gold bangles but I tried on this sterling sliver ring with London Blue topaz at Neiman Marcus that was amazing.  Staring at this ring reminded me of sitting on the beach in Malibu, staring at the Pacific on a beautiful Summer day.  For me jewelry is equally about the piece and the feeling I get when I put it on.  My daughter and I have been fortunate enough to meet Ippolita and she is as genuine as her jewelry.


Kara Ackerman


The Brooke bracelet by Kara Ackerman is one of my favorite go-to pieces. It's a really fun leather and gold-plated bracelet that will make a fabulous addition to your jewelry box.  Kara Ackerman designs pieces at varying price points so it will be easy to find some fun stocking stuffers.  I know for a fact that a few of her friendship bracelets are making their way to some stockings this Christmas.


 May Books

On Good Morning America I was introduced to May Books.  They are a company based in Dallas that is devoted to bringing function and whimsy to your day in the form of notebooks, planners, and agendas.  I think these books will make fabulous Christmas presents and stocking stuffers.  Personally, I am buying a few for my daughter's teachers, my sisters, my daughter, and one or two for myself.  The cool thing about these notebooks is that you can have a monogram added to the cover which totally personalizes the gift.  And, one more thing...if you order today you can save 50 percent!

Happy shopping!


My Style Shout Out Tip:  You don't have to spend a lot on a gift as long as it comes from the heart.  I have been known to write a lullaby for a baby shower gift and a song for a birthday gift.  Music comes easy to me so find what comes easy to you...maybe it's writing a poem or baking some truly delicious cookies.  Be creative and have fun this holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment