Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Current/Elliott - Seeing Red

Jennifer Aniston in Current/Elliott
from Singer22

Style Shout Out to Current/Elliott and the little red jacket.

My husband always says that timing is everything and as I was looking at the Barneys New York web site the other day I was reminded of  how that statement really is true. You see as I was thinking about what my daughter and I would be wearing on Christmas I came across the most adorable red denim jacket by Current/Elliott. And no Christmas outfit is complete without a little red?

It's no secret that I am a big fan of Current/Elliott.  Their boyfriend jeans are like your closet's best friend and yes I have managed to dress them up with LK Bennett's Sledge pump, made popular by my 8 year old's favorite princess Kate Middleton.  And I can always find a good excuse to be comfy and dress them down with my favorite Converse Jack Purcell's or DVF purple flats.

Their stiletto jeans are absolutely fabulous for tucking in boots because on someone like me who is 5'4" they hit right at the ankle.  Again the versatility of this pair of jeans makes them a wardrobe staple and who knows, if Santa is kind-hearted and style-savvy, this year I may be able to dress them up or down with some classic Chanel ballet flats.

Current/Elliott at Barneys
Current/Elliott's denim snap jacket became an instant classic and this style in red is sure to follow in it's footsteps.  I'm thinking this will look adorable on Christmas with a little black dress and Stuart Weitzman suede Linear boots.  After Christmas this little red jacket will be perfect with my stiletto jeans and fingers crossed those classic flats.


My Style Shout Out Tip:  Invest in pieces that are versatile and classic from stores like Barneys, Nordstrom, Saks and Neiman Marcus. For trendier items shop stores like H&M where you can save so when that perfect little red jacket comes along you can splurge.

No comments:

Post a Comment