Friday, November 18, 2011

Blue Jeans, Bracelets & Giving Back

Pura Vida Bracelets @ puravidabracelets.com
Style Shout Out to the blues Jean Bar and Pura Vida for giving back!

As I watched my daughter walk into school today with her backpack, lunch box, and Target bag stuffed with cans of food for the school's food drive I was reminded of how much I love this time of year. For me Thanksgiving is about being with family, cooking great food, and watching football.  It's also the time we clean out our closets to see what items can be donated to help others.

And usually after a closet clean out there is a little room to add one or two new things and I know exactly where I'll be headed to pick up those items.

Recently my daughter and I went to the blues Jean Bar because they are the one place in our area that I know of that sells Pura Vida Bracelets.  We discovered Pura Vida at Kitson on our last visit to Los Angeles.  The bracelets are available in an assortment of fun colors and benefit great causes, including the Surfrider Foundation.

When we were at the blues Jean Bar picking out bracelets for Christmas gifts I noticed that they were running a promotion for November.  For every can of food you bring to the store, they will give you five percent off a pair of jeans with the maximum discount being twenty percent.  If you read my blog then you know I absolutely love when companies do something to give back so I figure this is the perfect time to pick up a new pair of jeans and feel good doing it.

The blues Jean Bar is unique in that the stores have a huge bar with a "jeantender" who is waiting to find you the perfect pair of jeans.  They have really taken the guess work out of buying jeans and it's as easy as ordering a grande, non-fat cappuccino from Starbucks.  For me I'll be ordering Paige, skinny, medium blue, ankle length jeans.  My eight year old will most likely be picking out another Pura Vida bracelet and that's okay with me because when she wears them I know she will be reminded that it's always good to give back.

My Style Shout Out Tip:  Visit the blues Jean Bar to find the perfect pair of jeans and don't forget to pick up a few Pura Vida bracelets.  They make great stocking stuffers for Christmas and remember, giving back is always in style!

No comments:

Post a Comment