Wednesday, November 16, 2011

L.K.Bennett - Classics & Quality!

Style Shout Out to Kate Middleton and bringing classic back.

It's my opinion that if we can credit Justin Timberlake with bringing classy back...think the invitation he recently accepted to the military ball, then I think it's safe to say that Kate Middleton has played a major role in bringing classic back.  I, for one, am very happy about this because I have always gravitated toward a classic look.

My philosophy when it comes to style is that it's important to find what works for you and to be on-trend but not too trendy.

Kate Middleton has put several designers and stores in the spotlight.  The ones that immediately come to mind are her wedding dress designed by Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen, Zara and the little blue dress, Reiss and the beautiful cream dress, and L.K.Bennett and the neutral pumps she has worn on several occasions, including her visit to California.

Now being married to a Brit I have heard of L.K.Bennett but have never had the pleasure of shopping in one of their stores.  While Chicago and Atlanta are fortunate in that they have L.K.Bennett stores, we in Dallas are not as lucky.  So after seeing Kate in her Sledge pumps, and being in the market for a neutral pump, I took a chance and called the Atlanta store.  I was told they had a shipment of shoes coming in and that there was a pair of size 8's that were not on hold for anyone yet.  Usually I don't buy shoes online from a brand that I have never tried but as I always tell my daughter, sometimes taking a chance pays off.

Via ShopStyle
So when the Atlanta store called me a few days later to say the shoes had arrived, I reached for my debit card, verified the return policy, was assured that this shoe ran true to size and happily placed my order.  I have to say that I was really impressed with the customer service at L.K.Bennett's Atlanta store.

When my shoes arrived they exceeded my expectations.  The color was the perfect neutral, they fit perfectly, and the quality was exceptional.  I was actually surprised that for a high heel they were so comfortable.

So, if you are lucky enough to be in Chicago or Atlanta, stop by L.K.Bennett and check out the Sledge.  And if you're willing to take a chance you can always call one of the stores and I'm sure you will not be disappointed in the customer service and the quality.

My fingers are crossed that L.K.Bennett will open a store here soon.  Until then, I have the Atlanta store's number in my IPhone!


My Style Shout Out Tip:  If you are looking for a fabulous neutral pump check out L.K.Bennett.  After wearing these shoes for a few hours I realized why they are a favorite of Kate Middleton.  These shoes are as comfortable as they are stylish.  Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment