Wednesday, February 22, 2012

DVF Loves Current/Elliott

DVF Loves Current/Elliott @ Saks
Style Shout Out to a fabulous duo!

My nine year old started taking piano lessons about a year and half ago and since then has picked up sticks, the drummer's kind, and started to play guitar and write songs.  It's almost like she and music go together like hand and glove.  Someone recently said to me, "Some people are just born with it and your daughter seems to be one of those people."  It was a very nice compliment and I do believe that in some instances things are just meant to be together.  Friends of ours have a son and when he plays tennis it's as if the racquet is an extension of his arm.

The other day my daughter was practicing for an upcoming gig and when I asked her what songs she was going to play she replied, "I Do & Bubbly by Colbie Caillat and Sara Bareilles' Love Song on piano. On guitar I'm playing my signature cover by Colbie because it's such a happy song."

My daughter loves to play upbeat songs and her signature cover is "Brighter Than The Sun." This is the type of song that, as someone who's hobby for years has been songwriting, I wish I had written.  It just has all of the elements coming together to make it a song that resonates with so many and this is probably why it has found its way into two movies recently.  There's a line in that song that says, "We go together like peanuts and Payday, Marley and reggae..."

And, in thinking about things that go together my thoughts today not only go to my daughter and her love for music, but also to Diane von Furstenberg's collaboration with Current/Elliott. I found some pieces on Saks.com today and they are innovative and fabulous.  It goes without saying that when you see or hear the initials DVF, words like classic, style and icon come to mind.  And, having been a fan of Current/Elliott since the beginning I can say that with their commitment to quality I have no doubt that they too are on their way to achieving legendary status in the fashion industry.

DVF Loves Current/Elliott @ Saks
So today I am heading to my local Saks store to check out the pieces from this collaboration. I think the printed jeans will look adorable with one of my white LNA tees and Repetto ballet flats!

Happy Shopping.




My Style Shout Out Tip:  When I'm wearing a statement piece such as a printed pair of jeans I like to keep the rest of my outfit simple and classic which is why I gravitate toward fabulous tees from LNA and Michael Stars and ballet flats by Repetto and Stuart Weitzman.

No comments:

Post a Comment