Monday, February 27, 2012

Louis, Leighton, Ford & Oscar

Gwyneth Paltrow via Coolspotters
Style Shout Out to the Oscar Red Carpet...

Like so many people I always look forward to the Academy Awards and especially the red carpet.  And yesterday was no exception.  My family had a busy weekend which started with my daughter's gig on Thursday, going to see one of her friends play a coffee house Friday, Saturday in the studio and a show yesterday afternoon at her music school.

So after having a fun celebratory, yet early, dinner after the show with friends we headed home in time to catch some of the red carpet and settle in to watch the Oscars.

My daughter and I love to see the choices of dresses, shoes, and jewelry.  And now that she's nine and is developing her own sense of style I really enjoy seeing who makes her best dressed list.

So while Gwyneth Paltrow in the most amazing Tom Ford topped my list, followed by Cameron Diaz, Michelle Williams and Robing Roberts my daughter's list included Michele Williams, Emma Stone and Natalie Portman.  My daughter loved the Louis Vuitton dress worn by Williams because in her words, "It was perfect and she looks like a movie star!" And I have to agree, that dress was fabulous.

Michelle Williams via Coolspotters
It's not surprising that my daughter gravitated to bright, bold colors that were youthful and fresh yet classic.  As we were watching the red carpet and the Oscars there was a running commentary in our family room about the fashion.  My hubby was a good sport as he got the hockey updates on his iPhone and had to listen to us talk about everything from dresses to shoes to jewels.  For me personally I thought Fred Leighton jewels shone the brightest at the Academy Awards.  I loved Nina Garcia's beautiful diamond drop earrings, bracelet and ring and I thought that Michelle Williams and Kelly Ripa also chose amazing pieces by Fred Leighton that added just the right touch to their look.

All in all the red carpet did not disappoint and for me the best part of the show was sitting next to my daughter, watching and laughing together.

I hope all of you enjoyed your Oscar Sunday as much as I enjoyed mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment