Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sunday Shorts - Hope & Remembrance

Via the 9/11 Memorial.org
Style Shout Out to September 11th and those who will always be remembered.

As I was driving home from the market this afternoon I passed our local fire department. Sitting out front by the curb there was a single pair of firefighter's boots with an American flag.  It is a picture that will stay in my memory just like the pictures of what happened on the morning of September 11th 2001.

I will always remember the heroes on that day and their acts of bravery and kindness.

I will always remember that as a country we are strong.

As a native New Yorker I will always remember that although the landscape of my city may have changed, the hearts of those who have ever called New York home only grew stronger and more resilient on that day.

And I will always remember that even when it seems darkest there is always a better day right around the corner.


My Style Shout Out Tip:   An 8 year old wrote and recorded this song recently and as it reminds me about standing up and having hope I thought I would share it with you today.     A Better Day

No comments:

Post a Comment