Thursday, September 1, 2011

7 Things - Sunnies & Skinnies

Style Shout Out to 7 things on Thursday...

It's still triple digits here and even though I probably won't be wearing my skinny jeans for a few more weeks, I will be wearing my sunglasses today. So for those of you who are fortunate enough to already be wearing your skinnies, here are my 7 favorite sunnies and skinnies.

Isobel at Oliver Peoples

1.  Oliver Peoples Isobel.  These are my go-to glasses for several reasons.  They offer excellent eye protection, are fabulous quality, are so lightweight and look amazing!  I can't say enough about these glasses.  You seriously can't go wrong with Oliver Peoples. The name is synonymous with quality!



J Brand at Nordstrom

2.  J Brand Jeans.  These skinny cords remind me of cool weather.  The fit is fabulous and they can easily be dressed up or down.  I picked up an amazing black ribbed turtleneck by Vince at Saks and think these cords will look amazing with that top and black ballet flats.  I love pieces that are versatile.


Tom Ford at Nordstrom

3.  Tom Ford.  Like the Oliver Peoples Isobel, I have written about Jennifer before but they are such a stylish shade that I felt like they just had to make today's list.  They come in a variety of colors and again, like Isobel, they are lightweight and fabulous.


Hudson Jeans at Nordstrom

4.  Hudson Jeans.  The Collin skinny jean by Hudson looks good with flats, heels, and boots and the dark wash is great for the Fall.  Pairing these Hudson skinnies with a striped tee and Tory Burch Reva flats you have a relaxed but polished look!  I found a great tee by Joie at Saks that will be perfect with these jeans.


Oliver Peoples Aero 57 at Saks

5.  Oliver Peoples.  This company makes such phenomenal sunglasses that they make today's list twice.  The Aero 57 is the most amazing aviator.  It is lightweight, stylish and a bit smaller than most aviators.  I recently tried these on at the Oliver Peoples store at the Malibu Country Mart and I am hoping that somehow this year these glasses will find their way to my house and end up in a box with a big red bow under our Christmas tree.


7 For All Mankind at Nordstrom

6.  7 For All Mankind.  No list of denim is complete without a pair of Sevens.  This pair of cropped skinnies is so versatile.  Wear them now with sandals and wear them later tucked in boots.  To complete the look pair these skinnies with a V Neck tee from LNA Clothing.  For the cooler weather, add a leather jacket from Vince and Stuart Weitzman boots.  Simply fabulous.


Gucci at Saks

7.  Gucci.  I am a big fan of all things Gucci and these square frame glasses are on-trend and fun.  If you are looking for a wayfarer inspired frame then look no further than this new style by Gucci.


My Style Shout Out Tip:  For me, good sunglasses are like a good handbag.  I would rather pay a little more to have something that is excellent quality and is going to last.  So today make your own list and have some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment