Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Couture & Comedy

Jessica Alba
via Just Jared
Style Shout Out to the Golden Globes.

Reese Witherspoon
via Just Jared
It's hard to believe that it's been a year since I started writing this blog.  It truly feels like yesterday that I wrote about the Golden Globes and here it is that time again.  Sunday night's show was once again hosted by Ricky Gervais and I found him, as always, to be a little edgy and very entertaining.

In addition to Gervais hosting, a highlight of the night was George Clooney, not only winning, but walking onto the stage with Brad Pitt's cane. And of course any where Jimmy Fallon goes, comedy follows and I thought Adam Levine and Fallon presenting were hilarious with those moves like Jagger.

But no awards show is complete without talking about the red carpet and my two favorite looks of the night were Reese Witherspoon in a fabulous Zac Posen with jewels by Fred Leighton and Christian Louboutin shoes.  And my other favorite was Jessica Alba in Gucci with Giuseppe Zanotti shoes and Bulgari jewels. Both dresses were simple in design yet so elegant and the colors suited each of them so perfectly.

I hope you all enjoyed the Golden Globes and happy awards season.


My Style Shout Out Tip:  This is a perfect time of year to add a bit of red to your wardrobe. Whether it's a belt, sweater or handbag red adds a great pop of color to any outfit!

No comments:

Post a Comment