Thursday, January 5, 2012

Good Morning Mizrahi

Isaac Mizrahi w/ Lara Spencer on GMA
Style Shout Out to new trends in the NewYear.

I must admit that this week I am finding it hard to get back into the swing of things. December is filled with birthday celebrations, Christmas and New Year's Eve and while I love the renewal that comes with the New Year I am also a little sad when my daughter goes back to school.  We just have so much fun and I truly enjoy every minute.  Winter Break for us was spent celebrating her birthday, Christmas shopping, golfing, playing board games and working on music.

This week after I dropped her at school for her first day back I came home, poured a cup of coffee and sat down to watch Good Morning America.  Isaac Mizrahi was featured in a segment with Lara Spencer talking about current trends.  First of all let me say that I am a huge Mizrahi fan and always have been.  Simply put, he designs clothes that look fabulous and make you feel fabulous.

Cameron Diaz in Chanel Flats & AGJeans
via Coolspotters
I was quite happy to see bold colors and flats and kitten heels on his trend list.  Heels are awesome and while I love my LK Bennett pumps and my Louboutins,  lately it seems that I reach for my flats first.  Flats are just so classic and so versatile.

And speaking of shoes, for Christmas some beautiful beige and black Chanel ballet flats and a pair of purple suede Stuart Weitzman kitten heels found their way under our tree.  The kitten heels fall into both trend categories as far as heel height and color and the flats, well what can I say they are just a beautiful, quality pair of shoes.  As my hubby was watching GMA with me he smiled because he did actually pick out the shoes. Two trends with two pair of shoes...it seems that Santa is both very observant and very thoughtful.


My Style Shout Out Tip:  The New Year is a great time to try something new...so whether it's flats, kitten heels or color, have some fun with fashion.  And for some fashion inspiration tune in to Project Runway All Stars on Lifetime with Isaac Mizrahi. Happy 2012!

1 comment:

  1. I like Isaac Mizrahi. So far I think he has been the best designer at Target. All the other designer's collection have been cheap. Not Isaac's.

    ReplyDelete