Tuesday, August 9, 2011

2 Tuesday Treasures

Style Shout Out to 2 treasures on Tuesday...

If you read my blog regularly then you know that in our house we love music. On any given day you can find a guitar, keyboard or drums being played, songs being written, and a general atmosphere of creativity. Music is the best gift my parents ever gave me when I got my first guitar at the age of ten, and I'm so happy that my hubby and I can pass the gift of music along to our daughter.

So my 2 treasures today are related to music.

1.  My daughter...Last Sunday my 8 year old performed in a showcase at her music school. She has only been taking piano lessons for a year and I am amazed at how easy she makes it look when she is on the stage playing and singing.  I love that she enjoys music and I am a firm believer that kids benefit from being involved with music.  The biggest thing I tell her is that music should be enjoyable and fun.

And the song she chose to play and sing on Sunday created such a fun vibe in the room. From the first notes of Colbie Caillat's "I Do" and the big smile on my daughter's face, everyone just knew it was going to be an upbeat performance...and it was.

2.  Which leads me to my second treasure today...Colbie Caillat and "All Of You!"  I know this CD has made it into my blog before, but this record is just so good that it deserves another mention.  When I played this CD for the first time and my daughter heard "I Do" she said, "I am playing this song in the next showcase.  It's awesome!"  She also recently recorded a cover of "Brighter Than The Sun" which is the first song on the record and is so catchy that once you hear it you are seriously singing it all day.

Colbie Caillat is a very talented singer/songwriter who knows how to tell an engaging story through song.  When she sings it is heartfelt and authentic.  She is currently touring with her amazing band which includes the fantastic guitar playing of Justin Young.  I've heard the show is fabulous. We have our tickets and are really looking forward to the concert this fall.


My Style Shout Out Tip:  If you have kids, give them the gift of music.  And give yourself the gift of Colbie Caillat's "All Of You"...it is seriously good music that will leave you feeling happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment