Monday, August 15, 2011

Mizrahi On Monday

Isaac Mizrahi at Saks
Style Shout Out to Isaac Mizrahi for designing fabulous.

I have to admit that Monday, although the beginning of the week and an opportunity for new beginnings, is not always my favorite day especially now that the start of school is right around the corner.  This Monday morning, however, was not so bad because I got an email from Saks and was so excited to see Isaac Mizrahi as one of their "Newest Names."

You see I have been a Mizrahi fan from the first time I saw one of his designs.  I love fashion and have the utmost respect for designers because while I can sit down with a pen and write a song or a story, I can't make that same pen sketch a picture of a dress no matter how hard I try.  To be a great designer is to be an artist, an innovator, a trendsetter, and a leader.  When I look at Isaac Mizrahi I see all of these things. I have to say that I have never seen a piece by Mizrahi that I didn't like.


And his track record of hitting home runs continues with the pieces I found on Saks.com this morning.  I came across the most fabulous little black dress that is both classic and whimsical and this is what I adore about Mizrahi designs.  It takes a skilled hand and a vibrant imagination to create a piece that has an unexpected element and still retains its simplicity of design.


This dress may be the new classic little black dress.  I think it would look amazing with simple jewelry like Kara Ackerman's Audrey Diamond Ball stud earrings and a classic pair of neutral or black pumps from Stuart Weitzman.  To add an element of fun I also like Stuart Weitzman's leopard print pumps with this dress which are also available at Saks.

Thanks Saks for bringing a little Mizrahi to my Monday.



Style Shout Out Tip:  Every woman's closet could use a little black dress.  They come in all shapes and price ranges.  I saw a few cute ones at Last Call by Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom Rack last week.  Loehmanns and Saks Off 5th are also great places to pick up a pretty little black dress at a pretty little price.


Kara Ackerman Earrings

Stuart Weitzman Platswoon at Saks

Stuart Weitzman Leopard Pumps at Saks





No comments:

Post a Comment