Thursday, August 4, 2011

7 Things

Just Go With It
Style Shout Out to 7 things on Thursday...

This morning while our house was still quiet, I made a cup of coffee and went on-line to Nordstrom just to look at fall clothes.  We are facing day number 32 or 33 of temperatures in the triple digits and thinking about cool weather helps me beat the heat.

So today here is my list of 7 things to keep you feeling cool in the heat of the summer...

1.  Movies...If it's too hot to go outside rent or buy Just Go With It starring Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston.  This light-hearted comedy is a lot of laughs and the scenery is beautiful.  If you're looking for a good movie to enjoy with the kids we love Cars and Despicable Me.

Chantecaille at Nordstrom
2.  Hats...if you have to be outside don't forget your hat. Whether it's a fedora or a baseball cap, just grab something to keep the sun's rays off of your face. Nordstrom has some fabulous fedoras by Tommy Bahama.

3.  Bronzer...it's so hot outside that this is the first summer I can remember not having a bit of a tan.  So for my birthday my daughter surprised me with some Chantecaille bronzer.  This product is amazing and gives such a healthy glow.

4.  Colbie Caillat's new CD "All Of You" is one of those rare CD's that is filled with good songs from start to finish. This record reminds me of being on the beach in Malibu.  You can't help but feel happy when you're listening!

5.  Music...I know I've mentioned this before, but summer is such a fabulous time for you or your kids to learn an instrument.  My daughter takes piano lessons and is learning guitar with us.  My hubby found a great Gibson app for her and she has been learning more about the guitar.  I have to admit I have used this app myself to brush up on my own guitar skills.

Colbie Caillat at Amazon
6.  Write...hot summer days are a fabulous time to start a journal. When my daughter was a baby I wrote to her every day because I wanted to capture the moments for her in words as well as pictures.

7.  Read...pick up a good book or a magazine (I like InStyle and People Style Watch) and get lost in the pages and forget about the heat.


My Style Shout Out Tip:  There are so many ways to beat the heat so make your own list and have some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment