Friday, April 29, 2011

Congratulating Kate...Princess Kate

Style Shout Out to Kate Middleton and Prince William on their day!

Unlike so many people that got up at 4:00am ET to watch the Royal Wedding, I set my DVR knowing that with school lunch to make and carpool to drive I needed sleep.  So this morning as I was making my daughter's breakfast I turned on the Today Show in time to see the Prince and Princess making their way back to Buckingham Palace. As she ascended from the carriage my 8 year old said, "Stunning!"  And as I looked at Kate I thought my little one summed it up perfectly.  There isn't another word I would have chosen to describe the way she looked.

Her dress, designed by Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen, was absolutely amazing in its' simplicity and elegance and I can't imagine how many designers are sketching dresses this morning in the likeness of this now iconic dress.

My daughter said it was like watching a real life fairy tale and I promised her that after school we would settle in and watch the entire wedding together.  Being married to a Brit I have perfected the art of scone making so I think that today in honor of the British side of my family I will be making a batch of scones, putting on the kettle and pouring a cup of PG Tips.

Congratulations to the happy couple!  As you begin your lives together we wish you all the best.


My Style Shout Out Tip:  Take a page from Kate Middleton's bridal book and keep it simple.  From the dress to the bouquet to her hair and make-up, Kate's look was stunning and elegant.  I love the fact that she wore her hair down and her make-up was so natural. She looked confident and so much like herself and it serves as a great reminder that sometimes less is more.  I believe it was Oscar Wilde that said, "Be yourself, every one else is already taken."

No comments:

Post a Comment