Friday, April 1, 2011

Dinner at 7

Style Shout Out to 7 For All Mankind (@7FAM on Twitter) for bringing denim, and a whole lot more, to dinner!

NorthPark Center Store
If you have read my blog then you know how much I love denim.  And while I recently discovered Hudson Jeans, which make a great straight leg and have awesome pockets, my very first introduction to designer denim was my Gloria Vanderbilt jeans that my Mom bought for me when I was in High School.   There was something so great about those jeans and when I wore them I felt a little more dressed up than when I was wearing my Levis.

Fast forward to 2004.  There are no more Gloria Vanderbilt's in my closet but there are several pairs of Levis that I had accumulated through the years.  Being a denim lover I always found it a bit sad that I couldn't wear my favorite pants for a dinner out.  But all of that changed when my hubby bought me a pair of 7 For All Mankind jeans that year for Christmas.

I must admit that I was surprised when I unwrapped the enormous bow, opened the Neiman Marcus box and saw jeans.  It was unexpected and I was surprised that my hubby came up with this idea without any hints from me.

These bootcut New York jeans were everywhere and, while a very thoughtful present,  my first reaction was that it seemed like a lot of money to spend on denim.  My hubby reminded me of my mantra "quality over quantity" and said if they look good on, and are comfy then they are worth it.

7 Store
I was skeptical but when I tried them on they did look great and it reminded me of that feeling I had in high school.  And I believe that when you feel good, you look good.  These jeans were so flattering because of the fit and they instantly became my new favorites.  I wore them everywhere, dinner out included.  And they are still in my closet today which proves the quality in their workmanship.

I credit 7 For All Mankind for bringing denim to dinner.  In 2004, it was a rare occasion to see a woman in a nice Dallas restaurant in Levis but boy did you see a lot of stylish women in their 7's.

It is amazing how the company has grown in such a short amount of time from designing denim jeans to designing amazing tops, dresses, bags, shoes and even jeans for kids which my daughter was so happy about!

I have been to their stores in Malibu, LA on Robertson and Dallas and there is a certain vibe when you enter a 7 For All Mankind store.  It is chic, relaxed and inviting.  They have created the perfect environment for shopping and with the addition of sunglasses to their ever expanding line of merchandise they have become a sort of one-stop-shop.

Thanks 7 For All Mankind for bringing denim, and so much more, to dinner.


My Style Shout Out Tip:  Finding the right fit is key to looking good in your jeans.  I stick with what looks good on me, what I feel good wearing and I don't follow every trend.  So even though wide flared legs are in, for me they are out.   Remember, it's better to be stylish than to be trendy.

No comments:

Post a Comment