Friday, April 22, 2011

It's Easy Being Green

AG Stilt at Nordstrom
Style Shout Out to Denim Going Green!  

I've always been one of those people that recycles but until my daughter was born I have to admit that I didn't really give it one hundred percent.  Now I find myself being more conscience about taking care of the planet.  So on Earth Day I feel like it's a good time to say thanks to two of my favorite companies that are doing their part to make the world a little greener.

AG Jeans is a premier denim company that pioneered the use of Ozone Technology in their denim making process.  By using Ozone Technology the company significantly reduces water consumption, reduces the use of chemicals and reduces the use of energy.  So when I purchase AG Jeans I feel good about spending my money with a company that is doing its' part to help our planet.

Levis with GAP Tee & DVF Flats
Another denim company doing its' part to help the Earth is Levis.  A few months ago Levis unveiled it's new technique for using less water in their jean making process.  Thank you Levis for your "Water<Less" Jeans.  I applaud one of the oldest makers of jeans for embracing some of the newest technology and for partnering with Water.Org to donate the water saved to people and places that need it the most.  When you visit Levis.com the home page shows the amount of water available to donate and when I put on my Levis, just like when I wear my AG's, I am reminded of the good being done which reminds me to do my part.

So today try to do your part to help the planet.  Recycle, buy a travel mug for your coffee and a BPA free water bottle for your water, and bring your own fabric bags when you go grocery shopping!  I believe it was Kermit the Frog that sang, "It's Not Easy Being Green" but with more companies focusing on going green I think it's easy being green.  


My Style Shout Out Tip:  Today Starbucks is giving away a free coffee if you bring in your own travel mug.   So, grab your mug and stop at Starbucks on the way to buy some new Green Jeans!




http://www.agjeans.com/eco.html

http://styleshoutout.blogspot.com/2011/01/green-jeans.html

http://us.levi.com/home/index.jsp

http://shop.nordstrom.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment