Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tuesday Treasure - Meeting Mercier

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20
Laura Mercier at Nordstrom

Style Shout Out to Laura Mercier for creating her amazing Tinted Moisturizer.

Before Laura Mercier became a household name and her products found their way into the InStyle Best Of Beauty issue, I found her products at Neiman Marcus.  There was something so sleek and simple about the brown packaging that made the colors of the cosmetics pop.  

While talking to the Laura Mercier representative I explained that I liked a very natural make up look which is probably a result of living in Southern California for nearly a decade. You can take the girl out of LA but you can't take LA out of the girl.  So after asking me a few questions she recommended Tinted Moisturizer, and I am so thankful that she did because several tubes and several years later this is still my go to foundation.  In fact I just picked up another tube at Nordstrom the other day.

This product is really amazing.  First of all I love that it is an SPF20 moisturizer and a foundation all in one.  This makes it so easy when I am rushing out the door with my little one.  I also love that while this product truly evens out my skin tone it lets my skin shine through.  This is very important to me especially now that my daughter is eight and I am trying to be a good role model for her when it comes to confidence and self image. 

I was fortunate enough to meet Laura Mercier at an appearance at Neiman Marcus when my daughter was about two years old.  There is the cutest picture of the three of us that sits on my daughter's desk.  Meeting Mercier I was immediately struck by her natural beauty and warmth.  She was stylish in an understated way...so chic...so French.  So every time I apply my Tinted Moisturizer I am reminded of that day and the fun we had and how Laura Mercier took the time to chat about her make-up philosophy.  I will always treasure the experience especially because I got to share it with my daughter.


My Style Shout Out Tip:  If you're looking for a light foundation look no further than Laura Mercier.  Add this treasure to your make-up bag and you will not be disappointed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment