Friday, February 11, 2011

All That Glitters...

Style Shout Out to Ippolita and her beautiful jewelry because sometimes “all that glitters is gold!”

Ippolita at NeimanMarcus NorthPark Center
As I was checking Twitter a few days ago I came across a tweet from Ippolita regarding the chill in Houston.  As it turns out she is currently on a “trunk show tour” making appearances at select Neiman Marcus stores throughout the country.  Now I have been a big fan of Ippolita’s jewelry since she launched her line.  The pieces are unique and the way she combines metals and stones is true artwork.  Her jewelry has an interesting fluidity that makes it exciting.

So when I realized that Ippolita would be making an appearance at our Neiman Marcus store I did what any good fashion-loving Mom with a future fashionista would do.  I surprised my daughter when I picked her up from school and we headed to the trunk show.

Diamond Constellation Ring
This was my daughter’s first trunk show and she was so excited to meet Ippolita.  The event was as amazing as the woman herself.  Ippolita dressed in black with a boa in her hair looked as stunning as the pieces she creates.  She took time to talk to everyone that attended and her warmth made a big impression on my daughter who so enjoyed making funny faces with her in the Ippolita photo both.

As you would expect from Neiman Marcus, the treats they served, including their legendary popovers stuffed with chicken salad were tasty and beautifully displayed.  After all this was an event to celebrate the beauty that Ippolita creates.  And I must say my daughter and I did find a few beauties that made it onto our Valentine’s wish list with the help of Lynnea who has worked with Ippolita for years and is so knowledgeable about the pieces.

London Blue Topaz Sterling Bangle
As we were driving home my daughter said, “Thanks Mom this is an awesome day.  When I am a designer I am going to do clothes but I want to do jewelry too just like Ippolita, and then maybe Lynnea will want to come and work with me.”   So as a Mom my goal for the day was achieved.  Because the day was about more than just jewelry shopping, it was about creating a memory with my daughter that will be long-lasting!

So thank you Neiman Marcus for hosting an amazing event.  And thanks Ippolita for designing pieces that are as warm and beautiful as the person you are.  Sometimes all that glitters is gold!


Follow Ippolita on Twitter @IppolitaJewelry http://twitter.com/#!/IppolitaJewelry

http://www.ippolita.com/about-ippolita/

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/templates/SC6b.jhtml?itemId=cat4560731&parentId=cat000160&masterId=cat2830733&008=&007=Search&006=3192346060&005=848951189&ecid=NMSGDIIppolita&004=722304794&002=2134166

No comments:

Post a Comment