Monday, February 28, 2011

Diamonds, Dresses & Dramas

Style Shout Out to all of the talented actors and actresses who brought home Oscar gold last night and all of the women who were golden on the red carpet.

Anne Hathaway in Valentino
First of all I would be remiss if I didn't take a minute to congratulate Colin Firth on his win for his amazing performance in The King's Speech.  I have an appreciation for Firth and his work and it is so nice when the person who wins is so deserving.  Brilliant!

Next I have to comment on the hosts Anne Hathaway and James Franco.  I thought the opening sketch with Alec Baldwin was hilarious.  I give James Franco credit because besides co-hosting Hollywood's biggest night he was also nominated in the Best Actor category.  Talk about being nervous.  I really don't know how anyone goes about hosting duties waiting to see if they are a winner.

Anne Hathaway has been a favorite in our house since the Princess Diaries movies and she seems to be one of those rare young Hollywood stars that has made a successful transition into adult roles.  Bravo Anne, bravo.  As a co-host, I thought Hathaway did an amazing job showing her natural comic ability as well as her vocal ability.  She exudes grace and charm and her choice of dresses was amazing.

Among all of Anne Hathaway's gowns I absolutely loved the amazing deep burgundy strapless Versace, accessorized with sparkly Tiffany jewels and the striking Tom Ford that made a real statement.  Her choice for the red carpet was just perfect.  She was radiant in the red strapless Valentino gown and the entire look just said "star" as she walked with grace and elegance.

Halle Berry in Marchesa
As always Halle Berry looked flawless in the nude colored Marchesa dress with Christian Louboutin heels.  The strapless number with exquisite bead work and tulle was simply stunning.   It left me wondering where I could wear the dress.

Marchesa also hit a fashion home run with the dress that they designed for 14-year old Hailee Steinfeld based on a sketch she drew.  She looked so age appropriate in the dress with her hair accessorized with a  beautiful Fred Leighton diamond and platinum headband.

Gwyneth Paltrow looked amazing on the red carpet in the metalic golden Calvin Klein dress that fit like a glove.  The dress was simple and stunning which describes Paltrow's style.  I thought this was a perfect choice.

Nicole Kidman dazzled with the beautiful 19th Century Diamond Riviere necklace from Fred Leighton.  The vintage piece with over 150 carats of old-mine cut diamonds was radiant and a marvelous choice with her strapless yet structured Christian Dior dress!  Although I loved the diamonds, I personally think Kidman's best accessory is always hubby Keith Urban!

Nicole Kidman in Dior & Leighton Jewels
with hubby Keith Urban
And as always, Reese Witherspoon looked lovely in Armani Prive.  The dress was simple yet made such a statement.  I thought the choice of hair pulled back in a pony tail really suited the dress and Witherspoon's personality.

So as another red carpet season comes to a close I say thank you to ENews and Giuliana Rancic for your great Red Carpet coverage.  And for me the big red carpet winners were Marchesa and Calvin Klein and Fred Leighton Jewels.

While I enjoyed the Oscars last night, I must admit that I did miss Ricky Gervais and his tongue in cheek humor from the Golden Globes.

Seriously what are diamond and dresses without a little drama?

No comments:

Post a Comment