Friday, February 4, 2011

Walk A Mile In My Choo's!!!

Style Shout Out to Jimmy Choo for designing shoes that give back.

Jimmy Choo Dynamo at JimmyChoo.com
This morning I woke up to 6 inches of snow, more than was predicted and rather unusual for this area of the country.  So when it snows this awesome snowman-making snow I am thankful because I know it means cold noses, frozen fingers, hot chocolate, warm smiles and an awesome snowman or three in our front yard...one for each of us!

Reading through my emails I immediately open the one from Jimmy Choo.  It’s a habit.  These shoes are beautiful and I must admit that they, along with some Ippolita bangles, are on my style wish list.

Today’s email caught my attention because Jimmy Choo wasn’t just selling shoes, they were selling a pair of shoes called Dynamo to benefit the Dynamo Camp Project in Italy.  Dynamo Camp is a not-for-profit organization and the first summer camp in Italy for children who have serious or chronic illnesses and are in therapy or post-hospital convalescence.

I applaud Jimmy Choo for creating a limited-edition shoe in collaboration with the children that attend this camp.  I love that the renowned Italian Illustrator Beppe Giacobbe, worked with the children to create this shoe, and I absolutely love that 100% of the profit from the sale of these shoes go to benefit Dynamo Camp.  Yes, I said it, 100%! 

Tamara Mellon OBE Founder and Chief Creative Officer, Jimmy Choo was quoted as saying that the company was delighted to collaborate with such a worthy charity.  And I am delighted too!  I am delighted that a luxury brand like Jimmy Choo has taken the time to work with kids to create something so beautiful. 

I am thinking today may be the day that one of my style wishes comes true.  And as I walk a mile in my Jimmy Choo’s I will always be reminded that with each step I take it may have helped a child somewhere take a step too!!!

Thanks Jimmy Choo, not only for the stylish shoes but, for the good feelings I will have every time I wear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment