Wednesday, February 23, 2011

No Ordinary Wednesday! Gucci Day!

Style Shout Out to Gucci for well... being Gucci!

This morning started out like most Wednesday mornings...I got my daughter to school, came home, made a cup of coffee and sat down to check my email, and twitter, and read The New York Post, Fashion Wrap Up and Style Republic Magazine online.  As I checked my IPod calendar I realized that today was not any ordinary Wednesday, it was the day that Gucci was having their much anticipated Fashion Show on the runways during Milan Fashion Week.

Gucci Show
Milan Feb 2011
Frida Giannini in Gucci
 at the Grammys
Now those of you who have read my blog know that I do have a love for all things Gucci.  I know it has something to do with growing up in New York and New Jersey, and my Mom's love of this iconic brand.  My first designer bag was a college graduation gift from my parents and it was a Gucci.  So today there is something about the brand that brings me right back to my youth.  Every time I walk through a Neiman Marcus or Saks I still find myself being drawn to the beautifully displayed Gucci bags the way I did when I was a teenager shopping with my Mom.

Thanks to technology, today I had a front row seat at Gucci's show, and this collection of clothes, bags and shoes far exceeded my expectations.  The beautiful deep teals and jewel-tone greens evoked feelings of happiness.  The structured bags were fabulous and I see an updated Jackie bag in my future.

Frida Giannini who is the sole creative director for Gucci had big shoes to fill when Tom Ford left the brand.  I remember thinking so goes Tom Ford, so goes Gucci.  But there was never anything to worry about because as Gucci celebrates its 90th Anniversary the helm of this iconic fashion house is being steered by a woman who is a creative dynamo and has clearly made her mark on Gucci, and the fashion industry.

Jennifer Lopez
in Gucci
Gucci Medium Sukey Bag
Not only has Giannini made her mark on the fashion world but she is also making her mark on the world itself by collecting the first annual Women of Compassion award from Unicef for Gucci's ongoing contributions to the organization.  The award was presented to her by Jennifer Lopez in Los Angeles on Grammy weekend.  Giannini who is a huge fan of music and has been quoted as saying, "I'm a person who can't live without music," had her own red-carpet experience while attending the Grammy Awards for the first time.  Do we even need to ask, "Who are you wearing?"  She, of course, was wearing Gucci!

So today as I head out to do my errands and pick my daughter up from school I am grabbing a jewel-tone cardigan to go with my 7 Jeans and Ann Taylor top.  My handbag today is my Gucci Sukey.

After all this is no ordinary Wednesday...it's Gucci day!

No comments:

Post a Comment