Friday, January 28, 2011

Green Jeans?

Style Shout Out to Levis for going green with their jeans.

Levis 518
Levis! You hear the name, you think of jeans.  I kid you not, my daughter saw an ad for the movie "Tangled" on Disney featuring Mandy Moore and Zachary Levi. "Hey," she said,  "his name is the same as the jeans."

Levis is a company that has woven itself into the fabric of our society - no pun intended. And in an age where designer denim has made its presence known, Levis has still managed to keep it's image current and cool.

I must admit that I live in denim and  am especially thankful for companies like 7 For All Mankind, Paige and  J Brand for bringing denim to dinner. And for companies like AG Jeans, Hudson and Siwy for making flattering and comfy skinny jeans.  When I was younger jeans took quite awhile to break in, and were strictly for casual wear.  I love that as the industry has evolved, you can buy jeans in so many different washes, and that it's fashionable now to wear denim almost anywhere, and I do, my Levis included.
AG Jeans Stilt
Loft Tank & Louboutins

Recently Levis unveiled it's new technique for using less water in their jean making process. Hats off to the marketing department because when you go to their website (http://us.levi.com/home/index.jsp)the first thing you see is the icon showing how much water they have saved since this new process began.  In a time where the environment is a hot button with kids & teens, think about "Disney Friends For Change" and school environmental programs, to adults, think Prius and energy-saving light bulbs,  Levis continues to be an innovator in the denim industry.

So today as I reach for my Levis I say thanks for helping the environment while making great quality "green jeans."

No comments:

Post a Comment