Tuesday, July 26, 2011

2 Treasures On Tuesday

Colbie Caillat
wearing Kara Ackerman's Talulah Necklace
Style Shout Out to Fashion Wrap Up and Kara Ackerman for all of the fabulous!

When you're a Mom you find yourself doing a lot of things for your children and if you read my blog regularly then you know that the reason I started writing again is to be a good role model for my 8 year old.  I want her to grow up knowing that she can do anything, at any age.

My daughter is also the reason I tweet. You see there were stars she wanted to follow like Ashley Tisdale, Brenda Song, Madison Pettis, and most recently Colbie Caillat.  My hubby and I felt that 8 was a bit young for tweeting, so we set up a Twitter account and I follow for her and relay the news of the day. As parents we have perfected the art of compromise.

While I started using Twitter because of my daughter, I quickly realized that this is quite a powerful tool for communicating a quick message.  Having had a career in marketing I can see the positive impact and am grateful that my daughter brought Twitter to the table because if I hadn't been tweeting, I may never have found two great treasures...

1.  Fashion Wrap Up.  This on-line magazine, launched by Christy Pastore, is a fabulous mix of all things fashion and celebrity.  I check in daily while I am having my morning cup, or cups, of coffee and always look forward to seeing what they have chosen as the video of the day!

What I love about Fashion Wrap Up is that in addition to delivering information there is an element of fun. This on-line magazine embodies the American spirit...that if you have passion and drive you can build your own business doing something you love to do.  In the July issue there is a great interview with Kara Ackerman which brings me to my second treasure for today.


Kara Ackerman's Friendship Bracelets


2.  Kara Ackerman designs jewelry that is fresh and creative and I love that her fabulous pieces are available in a wide price range so there truly is something for everyone.

Right now she is running a promotion through People Style Watch magazine where you can receive 20% off your purchase.  I ordered a fabulous Brooke Knot Leather bracelet and some Friendship bracelets for my daughter.  The Friendship bracelets make phenomenal gifts so I am thinking that I may have to order a few more before they sell out.

If you are fortunate enough to be in New York City, Kara Ackerman is holding a sample sale. It was mentioned in the New York Post so get there early for some fabulous deals on some fabulous jewelry.  If I were still in NY I would be at the sale this week...happy shopping.


Kara Ackerman's Lilly Bracelets

My Style Shout Out Tip:  Jewelry makes a fabulous statement and summer is a great time to layer some bracelets and have some fun.  I love an armful of gold bangles and the way the summer sun glistens as it hits the gold.  And quality bracelets don't have to be super expensive to give you an expensive look.

No comments:

Post a Comment