Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Tuesday Treasure - Fireworks

Style Shout Out to July 4th!

There is just something so magical about fireworks...The way they illuminate the sky with their beautiful colors and that loud ka-boom that makes kids put their hands over their ears while watching in awe and smiling from ear to ear.

We spent the 4th with family and watched the fireworks in our town.  My daughter was so happy because she got to spend time with her cousins and grandparents and we also ran into one of her friends from music school which added to the fun.

As I watched the kids, my daughter included, watching the fireworks choreographed to Bruce Springsteen's "Born In The USA" and Lee Greenwood's "God Bless The USA" I have to admit I had tears in my eyes realizing just how fortunate we are to raise our kids in a land where there is freedom and so much opportunity.

Driving home I asked my daughter if she had a favorite part of the day.  She replied, "Seeing my family and friends and the fireworks were awesome...celebrating freedom is great Mom!"

I hope all of you had a fabulous 4th and enjoyed time with family and friends and, of course, the fireworks!

No comments:

Post a Comment