Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th

Penny Black Cuff Links at Nordstrom
Style Shout Out to celebrating the 4th...

Besides spending time with family and friends I always use this day to have a conversation with my daughter about the importance of freedom and choices.  I think it is so important that she understands how fortunate we are to live in a land of opportunity where dreams can become reality with hard work and a positive attitude.  It's important that she never take for granted the freedoms that come by birth and that she understands that for many people freedom comes with leaving everything that is familiar to basically start a new life.

Last year when she asked me if I knew anyone who came to this country to make a better life I answered, "Yes sweetie I do, and his name is Daddy."  And that's a story for another day when I have more time.

Happy 4th!

My Style Shout Out Tip:  Sometimes it is the unexpected accessory that adds that special touch to an outfit.  For men I think these cuff links from Nordstrom are so fun and festive for this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment