Thursday, July 21, 2011

7 Cool Things

Style Shout Out to 7 things on Thursday...

It's another day with temperatures of 100 degrees.  I can't remember the last time we had a summer like this...it is just too hot.   So while it's hot, here are my 7 things to keep you cool.

Malibu Beach Inn

1.  If you're in LA head to the Malibu Beach Inn for lunch and relax under an umbrella while keeping cool and enjoying the breathtaking views.  This is one of my favorite places in Los Angeles...the food...the service...the view are all absolutely fabulous!



Evian at Nordstrom

2.  If you're not in LA, where the temperatures have been enjoyable compared to other areas of the country, pick up some Evian Spray Mist.  I was skeptical when I first saw this product in the beauty department of Nordstrom and then in Sephora.  But one spray and I got it. This product is a quick skin refresher and also comes in handy when you are travelling as it is a great hydrator to combat the dry air on a plane.  For me it has become a warm weather must have item.

LnA


3.  Looser fitting tee shirts that still offer great style and great fit are also one of my summer must have items.  LnA makes some fabulous tee shirts that will take you from summer to fall in style.  I wear mine all summer long with shorts and when the weather finally cools off they look great with a leather jacket and jeans.


RayBan at Nordstrom

4.  Don't forget the shades.  I have a few favorites but my Ray Ban aviators are awesome for summer because they are so lightweight and offer great protection from the glare of the sun's summer rays.  They are simply a cool classic that will never go out of style!


Neutrogena Cooling Mist Sunscreen

5.  Neutrogena Cooling Mist sunscreen.  It sprays on quick with a burst of cool as it hits the skin.  I am a fan of this product because it offers great protection from the sun and doesn't feel too greasy.  It's just as good while running around the city as it is for sitting on the beach.


Kara Ackerman Bracelet

6.  It won't help you cool off but it will add to your cool factor.  I love Kara Ackerman's Brooke Knot Leather Bracelet.  I first saw it on Colbie Caillat and thought it was a perfect bracelet for those relaxed summer days and it is a piece that can transition from season to season as easily as those LnA tee shirts.  I love how the bracelet is an artful combination of materials and with black, chocolate brown and tan leather there is a color to suit every one.


Colbie Caillat at Amazon

7.  And again, my 7th thing won't actually keep you cool but it is a must have CD for your summer playlist.  Colbie Caillat's "All Of You" is filled with songs that put a smile on your face and it's the type of music that transports you to the beach.  It is rare to find a CD that you listen to start to finish and actually love every song.  For me, this is that rare CD.



My Style Shout Out Tip:  Have fun keeping cool this summer and seriously pick up Colbie Caillat's CD for some cool summer songs and Kara Ackerman's bracelet for some instant summer cool.

1 comment:

  1. I love Evian spray mist!! Its so refreshing! I also love love love the Kara Ackerman bracelet her designs are the fantastic!

    Xo- Christy

    ReplyDelete