Friday, July 1, 2011

4 Things For The 4th

Style Shout Out to July 4th and 4 things.

I normally reserve my list of "things" for Thursday but with the 4th of July right around the corner I am reminded of how fortunate we are to have freedom of choice and so I decided to make an exception and share a few of my choices and things with you today.


1.  Go blue and white.  Stop by Nordstrom and pick up this fabulous navy and white striped tank by Splendid.  Pair it with white shorts or white skinny jeans (I love Sevens, J Brand and Hudson) and cute flats or sandals (think Gigi by Sam Edelman) and you are ready for the fireworks.


2.  Remember the sunscreen.  It's important for your lips too.  If I'm at Target I'll grab Neutrogena Lip Moisturizer SPF 15.  If I'm at Neiman Marcus I'll pick up Laura Mercier Lip Balm with SPF or Sugar by Fresh.  All three of these lip balms are fabulous for protecting your lips from the sun.


3.  For the beach or pool a great hat and cute cover up are a must.  Nordstrom has both and this Black and White stripe cover up by Beach Star is adorable.

musicforthemorningafter 10th Anniversary Edition (2 CD)


4.  A celebration just isn't a real celebration without music.  When we make our playlist my hubby, daughter and I all choose our favorites so we end up with quite an eclectic mix consisting of everything from Sheryl Crow to Pete Yorn to Selena Gomez to Katy Perry to Coldplay.


My Style Shout Out Tip:  Make your own list of 4 things and have an amazing 4th of July. And as you are heading out the door for your day of fun don't forget your sunglasses.  I'll be grabbing my Oliver Peoples Isobel or my RayBan aviators...it's nice to have the freedom of choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment