Normally I set aside Thursday for 7 things but we got home from Los Angeles yesterday and there just wasn't quite enough time to sit down and write. So today here is my list of 7 things I love in LA!
|Malibu Lumber Yard|
1. The Malibu Country Mart and the Malibu Lumber Yard are fabulous places to shop, eat and relax. I love the fact that there are so many great shops all in one area. So if you are in LA take a scenic drive out to Malibu and enjoy the shopping and stop by some of my favorites...7 For All Mankind, Oliver Peoples, Tory Burch, Intermix, Alice + Olivia, J Crew, and Kitson! For some of the best gelato and cappuccino check out the Chocolate Box Cafe and if you're in the mood for some sushi there is the well-known Nobu.
|View From The Malibu Beach Inn|
2. The Malibu Beach Inn has the most awesome view of the Malibu Pier and the Pacific. If you are looking for a way to spend a relaxing afternoon check out their outdoor patio for a delicious lunch. Seriously, this boutique hotel is truly amazing.
|Cappuccino At Caffe Luxxe|
3. The Brentwood Country Mart is another great way to spend an afternoon. My daughter describes the burgers at Barney's as the best burgers in LA...and the fries are pretty good too. I love the fact that the post office sells Tretorn sneakers and the most fabulous navy and white stripe tops from France. I also love that they have James Perse for those oh-so-soft tee shirts and Space NK for some very on-trend and sometimes hard to find cosmetics. If you are at the Brentwood Country Mart make sure to grab a cappuccino from Caffe Luxxe...this is some serious coffee and it tastes as good as it looks!
|Fountain At The Grove|
4. The Grove in LA which is adjacent to the Farmers Market is a fun and unique shopping experience. Hosted by Mario Lopez, Extra tapes their show from the fabulous fountain area of the Grove so you never know what celebrities you might run into. I love that Nordstrom, Zara, Splendid and Barneys are all in one place. For a great lunch or dinner check out Morels French Steakhouse and Bistro with their view of the fountain and for a quick breakfast or lunch with the kids Marmalade Cafe offers a menu filled with variety. Personally, no trip to the Grove is complete for me without a cappuccino from Coffee Bean.
|View From Shutters|
5. Shutters is a beautiful hotel on the beach in Santa Monica. If you get there before 11:00am you can usually snag a table on the terrace overlooking the beach and the Pier and enjoy some quiet reading time while soaking up the sun. If you have time while at Shutters enjoy lunch at Coast...I recommend any of the salads.
| From RodeoDrive-bh.com|
6. Rodeo Drive is to Los Angeles what 5th Avenue is to New York. With up-scale stores like LouisVuitton, Cartier, Gucci, Chanel and Dolce & Gabbana, Rodeo Drive is a fun place to see and be seen. Need I say more!
|Caprese at Villetta|
7. And last but definitely not least is Villetta! I cannot say enough about this beautiful and unique Italian Restaurant across from the Brentwood Country Mart. Being Italian I find myself very critical of Italian food when I am eating out and Villetta offers that rare dining experience where everything is truly outstanding. From the pizza that tasted like the pizza my grandmother used to make in her New York kitchen to the home-made pasta that is made fresh daily, Villetta is the place to go for fabulous food and service. My 8 year old daughter said, "Everyone is so nice they really do make you feel like family." Thanks to Greg, Lila and Tony for a truly memorable dining experience. If you're near Brentwood (and even if you're not, it's worth the drive) go to Villetta and order the Caprese salad, the Margherita Pizza and the Spaghetti al Pomodoro...Buon Appetito!
My Style Shout Out Tip: The next time you are in LA check out my list and make one of your own. And if I had to add an 8th thing it would be lunch at The Ivy on Robertson and 9th would be sushi at Katsuya in Brentwood...but those are both stories for another day.