Thursday, July 7, 2011

7 Things

Giada Book Signing
Style Shout Out to 7 things on Thursday...

This week is flying by mainly because of the 4th of July weekend, and also due to the fact that my daughter and I have so much fun during summer break from school.  So today here are my 7 things to create summer fun that don't involve the beach since we longer live near one...

1.  Bake...it may be over 100 degrees outside but my 8 year old and I still love to spend time in the kitchen baking brownies (I get a little help from Betty Crocker) and trying out new recipes from Giada DeLaurentiis and Claire Robinson.  I can't tell you how much laughter comes from the kitchen when we are creating what we think are culinary masterpieces.

2.  Games...amazing that Monopoly was popular when I was a kid and is still so popular today.  My Mom and Dad always say that the classics never go out of style. They were talking about shoes and bags but I think this applies to everything.

3.  Play...too hot for tennis outside so we play Wii tennis and we have just as many laughs inside as we do when we play outside.

4.  Visit...my daughter likes to visit my parents and her cousins.  It is so much fun for me to see her having so much fun with them.

5.  Listen...we have so much fun together because as my daughter was learning to talk at eleven months old, I was learning to listen and I still continue to listen.

6.  Shop...summers here are so hot that sometimes the mall is the best place to cool off and shopping with my daughter is always a fun experience as she has a strong sense of style and is not afraid to share her opinion.

7.  Sing...most of all we love to sing and summer is a great time to pick up a guitar and sing a few covers and write a few songs.


My Style Shout Out Tip:  Today make your own list of 7 fun things to do in the heat of the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment