Thursday, June 16, 2011

7 Things For Dad On His Day

Style Shout Out to Thursday and 7 Things...

With Father's Day literally right around the corner here are 7 ideas for Dad on his day!

1.  Jimmy Fallon's book "Thank You Notes" is a great summer-time read for those who love to laugh.  Warning: Set aside some time for wrapping this gift because you'll probably end up reading it before you wrap it...it's just that funny!

2.  Molton Brown makes amazing products for women but hands down for men their best is Re-Charge Black Pepper Body Wash and Shave Oil.  How do I know this?  It is my hubby's favorite.

3.  You really can't go wrong with technology and I am a big fan of all things Apple. The IPad makes a fabulous gift because it is so versatile and can be used for work and play.  For those Dads who run and walk think about an IPod...my Dad walks every day and never leaves the house without it.

4.  Concert Tickets!  I know it's not usually the first thing you think of when you think of gift giving but my hubby and I love presents that offer an experience.  For Valentine's Day this year my hubby gave me Keith Urban tickets and I thought it was a unique and fun gift! We're going to the show in August and I can't wait!

Burberry at Nordstrom
5.  A Burberry tie...for men it's the equivalent of the Burberry scarf for women.  I just think they are the ultimate classic.  And this is one of those ties that goes as well with jeans as it does with a suit.  FYI: Nordstrom actually has some on sale.

6.  Music...whether it's an ITunes gift card or a CD I am a big believer in giving the gift of music.  If you have one in your area find a record store and give the gift of vinyl! We like to take out our records every now and then because there is just something so raw about hearing that little skip across the vinyl that only happens on a turn table.
Molton Brown
at Neiman Marcus

7.  Anything home-made...seriously, my daughter makes her own cards because she says, "A card from the store doesn't know what I want to say!"  And of course we make pancakes and eggs for my hubby on Father's Day morning and then cook for the entire family, my Dad included, later in the day.  Food made with love is the ultimate gift!

Happy Father's Day and Happy Shopping!




My Style Shout Out Tip:  A gift doesn't have to be big or expensive to be the best gift...it just has to come from the heart!  One year for Mother's Day I wrote a song for my Mom, recorded it and framed the lyrics! Not expensive and certainly heartfelt!

No comments:

Post a Comment