Thursday, June 9, 2011

7 Things For Summer

My Daughter's Daisy Rock

Style Shout Out to 7 Things for Summer...

Well, it's hard to believe that another school year is completed...yearbooks are signed, lockers are cleaned out and the Summer begins.

So today here are my 7 Things for Summer:

1.  Sunscreen...I never the leave the house without it!  My favorite sunscreen for the beach or pool is Neutrogena cooling mist spray.  My every day go-to sunscreen is Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion SPF 15 and for my face I love Aveeno Positively Radiant SPF 30.  All of these products are light and non-greasy. 

2.  Sunglasses...I absolutely love Ray-Ban aviators and seriously you can't go wrong with anything by Oliver Peoples and Tom Ford.  TOMS just introduced their new line of sunnies that will protect your eyes while giving sight to someone in need!  

Ray-Ban Aviators at Nordstrom
3.  Jo Malone Fragrances...English Pear & Freesia and Grapefruit are two of my warm weather favorites.
For me a Summer fragrance has to be light and both of these are just that.

4.  Flip Flops...Hands down the best leather flip flops that can go anywhere are my TKEES.  And for a basic every day "beachy" vibe  Havaianas are fabulous.

5.  The Beach Boys...it may be a bit cliche but every time I hear a Beach Boys classic I can't help but think of Summer.  They're touring now and John Stamos is joining them for a few shows...seriously, this guy can play drums! And, a Summer music play list just wouldn't be complete without Katy Perry and "California Gurls"!

Laura Mercier at Neiman Marcus
6.  Simple Summer make-up...Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20, Nars the Multiple make-up stick and Laura Mercier 'HydraTint' Lip Balm SPF 15...It really is make-up made easy and for me that is what Summer is all about.  

7.  My guitar.  I play all year long but it seems that in the Summer it is always within reach.  And this Summer I am so looking forward to playing a few duets with my daughter, now that she has her hot pink Daisy Rock, and writing a few new songs!



My Style Shout Out Tip:  Make your own Summer list of 7 Things today!  And remember don't leave the house without sunscreen and sunglasses.  A hat always comes in handy especially if you're going to be out by the pool or at the beach...while straw fedoras and "beachy" cowboy hats are fun and fabulous I still love my pink NY Yankees cap and yes, I even wear it in Texas!

No comments:

Post a Comment