Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tuesday Treasure - Daisy Rock

Daisy Rock Guitars
Style Shout Out to those about to rock...and Daisy Rock!

Our daughter's music school just started hosting a "Gig Of The Month" at a local coffee shop.  It's a great venue for the kids because it is a small place with a very friendly atmosphere.  This is such a phenomenal way for these music students to gain confidence performing.

It is a well known fact that public speaking is the biggest fear for most people so it is my belief that if your child expresses an interest in music, even at a young age like my daughter did, it is good to get them involved.  Music is such a fabulous form of self expression and it also is a great confidence builder.

My daughter was asked to play at the "Gig" last Thursday and she was really excited.  She played keyboard and sang "Undo It" by Carrie Underwood and "Simple Song" by Miley Cyrus.  This was her first performance at a coffee shop and she really had a lot of fun.  Her first question when she finished her songs was, "When can I do this again?"

My hubby and I have been so impressed with the interest she has taken in music over the past year and decided to buy her this electric guitar she's had her eye on. She's been learning guitar with us and took a few formal lessons last Fall and we agreed that Summer would be a great time to build on what she's been learning.

So Saturday afternoon we headed to the adult equivalent of a "kid's candy store"...Guitar Center...where our 8 year old headed straight to the section displaying the Daisy Rock's and promptly pointed to the hot pink one and said,  "That's it's!  That's the one!"  I was amazed as she sat down and played "Undo It" and after playing a few different guitars we walked out with a very happy little musician and her shiny new hot pink and sparkly Daisy Rock.

Daisy Rock Guitars
When we got home she immediately took it out of the case, plugged it in, and began playing.  I know that she will continue to get better with time and it makes me smile every time I see her pick up a guitar or sit down at a piano or keyboard.

Recently at our parent-teacher conference her teacher remarked that our daughter is always the first one to volunteer to read and has no problem speaking in front of the class.  She said there are so many children that dread having to read or speak in front of a group and I told her that I believe when children are involved with music it boosts their confidence and just makes them more well-rounded.

I am so happy that my daughter is enjoying her new Daisy Rock, and as I am writing she is figuring out how to play Taylor Swift's "Teardrops On My Guitar" and I have to admit I have a tear in my eye and a smile on my face.





My Style Shout Out Tip:   Give your children the gift of music.  Daisy Rock Guitars are fabulous for girls as they are designed to be lighter than your average Fender or Gibson. The necks on these guitars are a bit thinner which makes it easy for my daughter to play the chords.  I am so impressed with the quality and sound of Daisy Rock that I may have to pick one up for myself.  There is this raspberry acoustic electric I have my eye on...although there was a beautiful Martin that caught my eye too.  Decisions, decisions!

No comments:

Post a Comment