Wednesday, June 29, 2011

This Is The Voice

On NBC
Style Shout Out to NBC's The Voice as it wraps up its' first and very successful season.

Let me start out by saying that in our house we have been fans of American Idol since the show first hit the airwaves. We followed along as it evolved and Ryan Seacrest became the only host. We watched Paula Abdul exit and Ellen DeGeneres and Kara DioGuardi take their judges seats alongside Randy Jackson and the ever honest Simon Cowell.

We saw Simon leave and even though Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler were great additions to the judges table, we missed those words, "If I'm being honest."

And if I'm being honest what I love about American Idol is that it gives people, who might otherwise not be heard, a stage for their voice to be heard. This is what first intrigued me about The Voice.

I was even more intrigued when I found out the show was based on quality of voice alone which made a level playing field and coaching not judging.  Assembling a group of coaches from different genres of music was a fabulous move. With Adam Levine,  Cee Lo Green, Blake Shelton and Christina Aguilera the show was guaranteed to relate to a wide audience and it did.

The Coaches Perform on The Voice
Another great move was Alison Haislip in the social media room with tweets being run almost like a news feed making the show feel current and on trend.  And Carson Daly as the host is just so likable...but then again I've been a fan since TRL and still enjoy his late night show.

So from the first turn of the big red chairs...to the coaches really working with their teams...to the coaches having a say in the voting...to the audience having the final say...tonight the first "Voice" will be named.

My daughter has been team Blake since day one and thinks that Dia Frampton is taking this competition hands down and I agree.  However, being a huge Adam Levine and Maroon 5 fan I am a bit torn because I think he did an outstanding job with his team and Javier Colon. And of course Cee Lo Green and Christina Aguilera also did a great job with Vicci Martinez and Beverly McClellan and their teams.

Regardless of who wins The Voice tonight I think that all four of the finalists have already won because they have forged relationships with their coaches and have now had the door to the music industry opened to them.

Today's Voice With Hoda & Kathie Lee
Congratulations to all of the contestants on The Voice for sharing their voices with us!


My Style Shout Out Tip:   Tune in to NBC tonight to see who will be the first Voice. Whether or not you enjoyed the show I think it's safe to say that Mark Burnett has another hit on his hands.  I mean even Hoda and Kathie Lee played their own version of The Voice on the fourth hour of the Today Show...red chairs and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment