Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Rose Is Not Just A Rose

Style Shout Out to Lela Rose for designing fabulous!

Lela Rose Cashmere One-Shoulder Top & Tiered Organza Skirt
Lela Rose at Bergdorfs
Lela Rose is one of those designers that dances to the beat of her own drum creating ready-to-wear and wedding gowns that are so amazing and so unique just like the designer herself.

I first met Lela Rose when she shared a house in Manhattan Beach with some girls as they were all starting out ready to make their mark in their respective fields.  Was I one of those girls you ask?  No, I wasn't...but my sister was and that is how I was introduced to Lela Rose.  Upon meeting her it was easy to sense that this was a creative person with drive and vision.

Over the years I have watched Lela Rose go from working with the amazing Richard Tyler to launching her own line of fabulous.  Her designs are so innovative and I love her creative use of fabric and color.

You can find Lela Rose at select Nordstrom stores, Neiman Marcus and the legendary Bergdorf Goodman in New York.


My Style Shout Out Tip:  Before you head out to do some Spring shopping go online and check out what your favorite designers are doing and draw inspiration from them.  Fashion is about creative expression and should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment