Friday, May 6, 2011

To Mom

Style Shout Out to my Mom at the start of Mother's Day weekend.

I was watching the Today Show this morning as Ann Curry, Al Roker and Natalie Morales paid tribute to their Moms.  It made me stop to think about the important role my Mom has played in making me the woman I am today.

My Mom has always been there for me.  She and my Dad never missed a game when I was cheerleading and there were a lot of games over a 10 year period.  Growing up she was there after school every day for my sisters and me with a smile and a snack.  Always ready to hear about our day and help with our homework, she was and still is my best friend...well she and my hubby. She made her family her number one priority and some of the best times we shared were sitting around the kitchen table having dinner every night.

When I look at my relationship with my daughter I realize that I have learned everything I know about being a Mom from my Mom.  And I hope when my little one grows up she looks at me the way I look at my Mom...with admiration, respect and love!

Thanks Mom for all you do every day for your daughters and grandchildren.  I appreciate you not just on Mother's Day, but every day!


My Style Shout Out Tip:  Take a minute today to thank your Mom for all she does for you and for the lessons you have learned!

No comments:

Post a Comment