Monday, May 2, 2011

We Didn't Get To Go

Style Shout Out to Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb for last week's entertaining Royal Wedding coverage, even though they didn't get to go!

Last Thursday I set our DVR to record the Royal Wedding. After taking my daughter to school I turned on the Today Show as I began straightening up the house.  Grabbing my laptop I settled in on the couch next to my hubby who was finishing a project for work. As I started writing my blog I looked up to see the fourth hour of Today starting.  My hubby burst out laughing which he doesn't ever do during the Today Show.  Pointing at the TV he said, "Read that!"  The sign behind Hoda and Kathie Lee on the set said, "We didn't get to go."  It was one of the funniest things we've ever seen on morning television.

Where are Kathie Lee & Hoda?
But even though they didn't get to go to London, Kathie Lee and Hoda did make the supreme sacrifice of getting up in the wee hours of the morning and making their way to the Jean Georges restaurant to attend one of many Royal Wedding viewing parties that were taking place around the country.  As only they could do, the pair ascended from their limousine dressed in matching leopard print pajamas with pink robes. 

So thank you Kathie Lee and Hoda for a fun Royal Wedding hour last Friday.  Your Royal Ambush Makeover segment with Louis Licari and Jill Martin was great.  It's always so much fun to see the transformation of women that get plucked from the Plaza and the addition of wedding dresses in honor of the Royal Wedding was a great touch.

Even though you didn't get to go to London you did get to make the fourth hour of Today a lot of fun...as always.



My Style Shout Out Tip:  I love the expression when life gives you lemons, make lemonade.  So today as you go about your day if by chance something doesn't happen to go your way think of Hoda and Kathie Lee who didn't get to go to London but had a lot of fun any way!

No comments:

Post a Comment