Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tuesday Treasure - Thank You Notes

Style Shout Out to Jimmy Fallon for reminding us that a handwritten thank you note can be entertaining while still expressing gratitude.

I have been a fan of Jimmy Fallon since he was entertaining us every Saturday Night on Saturday Night Live creating parodies of celebrities like Barry Gibb with Justin Timberlake and singing the ever popular "I Wish It Was Christmas Today" with Horatio Sanz, Tracy Morgan and Chris Kattan.  So when Fallon was chosen to fill the Late Night time slot after the Tonight Show I was excited to see his brand of funny five nights a week.

Timberlake & Fallon on SNL
As a host the thing I love about Jimmy Fallon is that he is so genuine and likable.  He appeals to people of all ages and that coupled with his impeccable comedic timing gives him an edge while interviewing his guests.  In the two years since Fallon’s debut his show has evolved, in my opinion, into the best and most entertaining late night show. Like many people I enjoy Fallon’s recurring segment...Thank You Notes.  Accompanied by the keyboard player from the Roots, Fallon’s brand of funny reaches new heights with thank you notes like:

“Thank you socks and sandals for being a look that proudly declares to the world I left my fanny pack at home.”

Jimmy Fallon was on the Today Show yesterday with Meredith Vieira, and again in the fourth hour with Hoda Kotb and Kathie Lee Gifford discussing his new book appropriately titled, “Thank You Notes.”  This compilation of the best thank you notes from Late Night With Jimmy Fallon is available now.  When my daughter saw the book at Barnes and Noble she said, “We are so getting that for Daddy and Poppy for Father’s Day!”  And so we did.   And so my hubby and my Dad will soon be enjoying some Thank You Notes!

If you want a good laugh pick up a copy of Thank You Notes and get one for you Dad too...funny always makes a great Father’s Day gift!



My Style Shout Out Tip:  (Key The Music) Thank you Jimmy Fallon for all of the laughs, for following me on Twitter and reminding me everyday to bring a little of my own funny and to always say thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment