Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Shift In Sensibilities

Style Shout Out to the First Lady for choosing to wear a simply classic Rachel Roy shift dress to the State of the Union Address.

Michelle Obama in Rachel Roy
Like many other Americans I was watching the State of the Union address last night with my family, and following along on Twitter.  I think whether or not you agree with all of the President’s policies it’s hard to fight the fact that he is an eloquent speaker trying to deliver a message of unity.

What I took away from the President’s speech was the need for us to come together so we can achieve great things.  There was a focus on education and respect for our teachers, which reminded me of how things were when I was a child.   It was just a simpler time where kids played outside on the front lawn, and Mom’s wore big Jackie-O sunglasses on the top of their head like a headband.  There is something about slipping into a Tory Burch tunic that brings me right back.

When I saw Michelle Obama walk into the Chamber last night I had mixed emotions about the dress she was wearing.  And tweets were flying with some loving the dress and some not so much.  But as I watched the speech the more I saw the dress, the more I fell in love with the dress.  There was something so elegant about it’s simple design and the beautiful silvery color.  Accented with simple Lucite bangles, I thought the First Lady’s choice of dress and jewelry was right in line with the words the President spoke. 

Thank you Rachel Roy for designing a true classic, and to the First Lady for making it her dress of choice.

Maybe it’s the time for a shift in sensibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment