Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tuesday's Treasure

Style Shout Out to stores like Nordstrom Rack and Loehmann’s for making shopping an adventurous treasure hunt.

7 Jeans & Splendid Tee
When I graduated from college and got my first marketing job, I was so excited to buy a fantastic wardrobe that would match my new fantastic position.  But like a bubble my fashion dreams were burst when I realized how much I would actually be taking home in each paycheck.  In addition to Bloomingdales, I wanted to shop the other 3 B’s as well – Barneys, Bergdorfs, and Bendels but quickly realized while I could afford to do some shopping at the first, the others sadly would have to wait.

One day I complimented a co-worker on her outfit and as she looked around she quietly whispered, “Loehmann’s!”  Of course Loehmann’s, with their high-end designer clothing at deep-discount prices, why didn’t I think of that – after all there was a college degree hanging on my wall.

Fast forward a few years, and a few moves and we are in Dallas.  Sometimes you just have to go where the road takes you.  I was at work and asked a friend where I could find a Loehmann’s.  She looked at me in all seriousness and said, “PF Changs.” 

Long story short she thought I was asking about a delicious dish called Lo Mein as she had never heard of this retail treat called Loehmann’s. 

Now don't get me wrong, I do a lot of my shopping at the mall in stores like Nordstron, Neiman Marcus, andd Saks but my fashion prayers were eventually answered when a Nordstrom Rack and a Saks Off 5th came to town and I found a Neiman Marcus Last Call.  All of their fabulous merchandise at great prices!

Via Spiga Espadrilles
While I know a lot of people that don’t enjoy shopping in stores like this, I look at my expeditions as a treasure hunt.  Over the past few months at Nordstrom Rack I have found some timeless treasures including Splendid Tees & wraps, Seven Jeans, Ray-Ban sunglasses, and the cutest Via Spiga espadrilles. 

So if you can’t find a Loehmann’s, you are sure to find a Nordstrom Rack, a Neiman Marcus Last Call or a Saks Off 5th.

Happy treasure hunting.

3 comments:

  1. Aww.. thank you for loving Loehmann's and sharing the secret treasure hunt with your readers!

    May the shopping goddesses shine upon your hunts.. and allow this 25% off coupon (http://bit.ly/i4YszZ) make your hunting even sweeter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am ALL about Loehmanns! I have been in those communal dressing rooms since I was in diapers. I constantly find great finds on designer jeans, designer tops, sweaters, and even cocktail dresses. I actually have a hard time buying full price designer jeans knowing that I can get them half price at stores like Loehmanns and Nordy Rack. Just like you I've got expensive taste on a small budget.

    Thanks for the shout out to my all-time love, Loehmanns--I'm always down for the hunt.

    Hilary Anne
    Bumbleandbear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel ya - moved to Dallas and miss Loehmann's a lot - LOVE Nordstorm rack and TJMaxx!

    ReplyDelete